What is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is both a medical practise and a philosophy that uses minute doses of natural substances such as plants and minerals to encourage the body to heal itself.
The philosophy of homeopathy utilizes the law of similar or “like cures like”. It addresses the root cause of imbalances, rather than the symptoms, to enhance the body’s normal healing and self-regulatory processes.
The practice was founded in the late 1700’s in Germany by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann and has been widely practiced throughout Europe, India and the America’s.
Is Homeopathy safe?
Why would I choose Homeopathy over other types of medicine?
- a desire to achieve health naturally without side effects
- you’ve been on medications for a period of time without seeing any improvement in your health
- address health from a holistic perspective rather than just dealing with a symptom
Each reason is valid and is usually arrived at after a period of time spent in thought and research.
What kind of results can I expect?
- if the imbalance is chronic or acute in nature
- how long the condition has been present
- the stress level of the patient
Some people will respond immediately and others could take a couple of weeks to see some changes.
The initial consultation takes 2-3 hours with follow up every 3-4 weeks. It’s recommended that the process take 3-4 months with ongoing health care, following a similar process as with your previous health care provider.
Do I continue taking my medications?
Who uses Homeopathy?
- driven by a desire for health care that incorporates a holistic perspective of body, mind and spirit, without the use of medications or chemicals
- people who grew up with homeopathic remedies and are very comfortable with how well the medicine works
- those who have become disenchanted with what their present medical practitioners have done for them or how they have been treated are also turning to Homeopathy.
How does Homeopathy work?
How long will I have to see a Homeopath for?
- your Homeopath
- your symptoms
- if your illness is chronic or acute
- how long you have experienced the condition for
It is recommended that you commit to at least the initial 3-4 follow-up appointments. They are usually 3-4 weeks apart to ensure that the homeopathic remedy is given enough time to help stimulate your body to heal itself.
What can I expect in my appointments?
- how these symptoms affect you
- what, if anything, makes you feel better or worse
- your nutrition levels
After compiling all of the symptoms you are presenting with, the Practitioner will recommend a remedy that will be taken in liquid or dry form. Some patients will start to notice changes almost immediately while others will experience changes in a more gradual manner. Follow ups take approximately 30 – 45 minutes.