DETOX – what does it mean? Do I really need to detox? If I do, then how often.? I get asked these questions on a regular basis so I thought I would let you know how I respond to the questions and outline some of the benefits of detoxing.
Why detox? Detoxing is essential to your health. What you may not be completely aware of is that your body detoxes certain systems and organs throughout each 24 hour period, in particular through the night. So, in order to help your system work more efficiently detoxing your body with a 3 – 4 day nutritional detox every change in the seasons, I think is a great idea.
Detoxing, done in a healthy, safe and controlled way provides many benefits.
- Eliminates toxins from your body – we are exposed to so many toxins in household cleaners, pesticides, pollutants, skin care products, the foods we eat, etc. that your systems becomes overwhelmed over the long term.
- Boosts the immune system – your immune system is your greatest defender against bacteria and viruses that can invade your body. If your immune system is overwhelmed dealing with toxins, it is unable to do its job to protect you and your quality of life is affected.
- Improved weight management – toxins get stored in your tissues and affect the way your body burns fat so you can better control your weight when you detox.
- Slows down the aging process – toxins age us……. It is pretty simple.
- Increases energy levels – toxins deplete us and affect your quality of sleep.